Arts Council England procures goods, services and works by either requesting invitations to quote or issuing competitive tenders in line with UK government policy and all relevant legal requirements.
Our procurement activity aims to obtain value for money while achieving our goal of delivering great art to everyone.
For procurement opportunities valued up to £10k we will invite written quotations.
For procurements opportunities valued £10k and over we will invite formal tenders via Bravo
We may also advertise procurement opportunities over £10k in Contracts Finder.
In addition procurement opportunities that meet or exceed the EU threshold limit will also be advertised in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU).
'Emil and the Detectives' by Red Earth Theatre. Photo © Red Earth Theatre / Robert Day
Want to find out more about our current procurement opportunities or respond to a tender? Have a look at Bravo
Find out more
We are fully committed to government policy on procurement. We have three basic objectives, namely to:
- achieve continuing improvement in value for money based on whole life cost and quality
- enhance the competitiveness of suppliers through the development of procurement systems and practices
- develop our use of e-procurement as a way of improving efficiency
We take a number of approaches to sourcing our requirements depending on the nature, cost or complexity of what is being purchased. This includes using Central Government contracts and working collaboratively with other public bodies as well as inviting bids in our own right.
There are some general principles that we apply when inviting bids:
- All tenderers will have the same chance of success and be invited to bid on a level playing field
- Tenders will be clear and easy to understand and we will avoid over specification
- Specifications will focus on the required output and not input
- Sufficient tenders will be invited to ensure reasonable competition
Contract Terms and Conditions
All contracts awarded are subject to our standard terms and conditions.
Standard Terms & Conditions for the Service Contracts under £10,000
Standard contract for services: £10k and over